- "Our Story" website
- Paul J. Lamb's page on Squidoo
Possible publication names:
- Good Lives
- Name can provoke discussion re: subjectivity of "good"
- Could be just about people
- Civic Roots
- Could be about the orgs and issues (and maybe people)
- Could pull stories from Good Lives
- More likely:
- Civic Roots is to the NYT as Good Lives is to the NYT Book Review
- Focus on the first year of our organization
- Social Focus, Inc. increases civic participation and brings mainstream recognition to nonprofits, their people (staff? Workers?), and their communities.
- New Idea, try to integrate: Social Focus, Inc. develops and implements socially focused, internet-based technologies, platforms, etc. to effect positive social change in the communities it serves.
Goals and Objectives
- Develop a web-based, open-source, collaborative magazine platform
- Include social networking in the description
- Design the platform (what we want from it, what we want it to do) within the first month of hiring our lead developer
- Develop the online magazine, potentially called Civic Roots
- Implement the platform as the online magazine
- Maybe have specific geographic focus e.g., Silicon Valley Edition or Bay Area Edition
- Research to see what focus funders would want from our project
- Get people to use the magazine/social-networking site
- Use the platform to connect people who work in nonprofits by encouraging them to write about other people who are contributing to their communities
- Give students and other volunteers and opportunity to develop their skills in communications, journalism, and new, web-based tools (podcasting, videocasting, etc.)
- See: RoseTimes (used for internet-based video interviews)
- Get full draft of strategic plan (both)
- Apply to incubator program (Matt)
- Recruit people for programming our platform (both of us will do this)
Plan for meeting next Sunday at 10AM--location not decided.